MATAWA POST SECONDARY
STUDENT APPLICATION PACKAGE
Matawa Post-Secondary Program (MPSP) provides Post-Secondary assistance on behalf of the following First Nations: Aroland, Ginoogaming, Long Lake #58, Neskantaga and Webequie. The MPSP provides financial assistance to eligible students towards the cost of their Post-Secondary education.
ALL STUDENTS, continuing and new, are required to submit a new application each term, according to the following deadline dates:
DEADLINE DATES FOR APPLICATIONS
May 15th Fall Term September to December
May 15th Fall – Winter Terms September to April
November 1st Winter Term January to April
March 31st Spring & Summer Terms May to August
In order to process your application, please read the following and send required documents and completed application to the MPS office by the deadline dates.
Unless otherwise noted please send or scan/email original copies only – screen shots will not be accepted.
- Matawa Post-Secondary Application Form (completed and signed).
- Consent to Request & Release Form (completed & signed).
- Signed Student Rights & Responsibility Form.
- Copy of Status Card
- Banking information (Void Cheque or Direct Deposit/Pre-Authorization Form from your bank will only be accepted.)
- A letter of Acceptance from a College/University with course/program outline.
- Written summary of your educational and career goals. (For new applicants only. Please contact MPS Office should you require more information about this written summary.)
Additional information required and may be submitted after the deadline but preferably attached to the application.
- Secondary School Transcript
- Evidence of satisfactory completion of last MPSP sponsored course(s)/program.
- Tuition fee statement
- RESIDENCE / MEAL PLAN – If you plan to stay in residence please send a written request to the MPS office with a copy of your residence- meal plan agreement. Contact the MPS office for the maximum allowable rates. **Please note that those students who opt to stay in Residence will not receive a monthly Education Allowance**
- MODULAR students only – Contact the MPS office for more information about Modular requirements and allowable rates.
- PRIVATE SCHOOLS – Contact the MPS office to find out if your school is eligible.
- Dependant information – if you are claiming a dependant(s) please attach a copy of the child(ren) status card or health card. Up to 18 years of age if attending school. (Proof of school attendance may be required.)
Any missing documents may either delay the process of your application or cause you to miss the deadline dates. It is the applicants’ responsibility to contact the MPS office to ensure application and information have been received. If you are having problems with completing or accessing any of the required documents please contact the MPS office.
Should you require a copy of the MPSP Policy please contact the MPS office staff.
The MPS Advisory / Board will meet two weeks after each deadline date to review the applications. All students will be advised if they have been approved or not approved within two weeks after the MPS student funding selection meeting.
Applications can be mailed to:
Matawa Post-Secondary Program
200 N. Lillie Street
Thunder Bay, ON. P7C 5Y2
Fax to: (807) 768-3301
For more information, please contact the Matawa Post-Secondary Staff at: Tele: (807) 768-3300 –Toll free: 1-888-283-9747 – Cell: (807) 632-7192
Issued by: Education Dept. Issue Date: Nov. 29, 2012 Revision # 9 Date: Jan 13, 2020. EDUC PS FORM 304 Approved by: SN